This Fund’s investment objective is to generate high dividend income while focusing on capital preservation. It invests directly, or through investments in securities of other mutual funds, in a portfolio mainly composed of preferred shares of Canadian companies and other income generating Canadian equities.
- A valued approach aimed at taking advantage of market fluctuations within the preferred share space
- Thorough and constant analyses are conducted to select issues with optimal risk-adjusted returns in both secondary and primary markets
- A focused asset class strategy that invests among the different types, sectors, issues and credit ratings of preferred shares
- Actively managed allowing for deviations from the benchmark where opportunities are often identified.
- Portfolio manager is adopting a balanced approach that is not unduly exposed to certain risks
- The Fund is based on state-of-the-art valuation tools developed through the years with in-house benchmark construction methodology that enhances the quality of the portfolio
- It provides the necessary diversification for investing in preferred shares capable to deal with the increasing complexity of the preferred shares
- With an asset class focus approach, the investment process is essentially based on fundamental research, but quantitative and technical factors can also be considered
About the portfolio manager’s firm
- Intact Investment Management is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Intact Financial Corporation
- Manages invested assets over $16 billion on behalf of Intact Financial Corporation
- Expertise with preferred shares market since 1987
- Employs a research team of approximately 60 professionals
The information and the data supplied on the current page of this site, including those supplied by third parties, are considered accurate at the time of their publication and were obtained from sources which we considered reliable. We reserve the right to modify them without advance notice. This information and data are supplied as informative content only. No representation or guarantee, explicit or implicit, is made as for the exactness, the quality and the complete character of this information and these data. The opinions expressed are not to be construed as solicitation or offer to buy or sell shares mentioned herein and should not be considered as recommendations.
The NBI Preferred Equity Income Fund (the “Fund”) is offered by National Bank Investments Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of National Bank of Canada. Intact Investment Management Inc. acts as portfolio manager for the Fund. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus of the Fund before investing.
The Fund’s securities are not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation or by any other government deposit insurer. The Fund is not guaranteed, its value change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.
® NATIONAL BANK INVESTMENTS is a registered trademark of National Bank of Canada, used under licence by National Bank Investments Inc.
National Bank Investments is a signatory of the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment, a member of Canada’s Responsible Investment Association, and a founding participant in the Climate Engagement Canada initiative.